So, you got banned on your favorite communicating platform, and don’t know how to get rid of the discord ban?
Well, you are not alone. There are several gamers like you who are facing this same problem.
Before moving on to the fix, let’s get to know:
Are discord bans permanent?
Discord bans are permanent until the administrator unbans the user. However, Discord bots are used sometimes to temporarily ban a user from texting or joining voice calls. In the case of Permanent bans, the user’s phone number is also blacklisted.
Keep Reading, As I’m about to show you how you can easily get unbanned from Discord.
Who can ban a user on Discord?
The DISCORD authority or the administrator of a server can ban someone from discord. If the DISCORD authority does so, your account will be disabled. This disability of the account may be temporary or permanent, which depends on your activities.
But, you can request to reactivate your account. You just need to appeal your ban request by contacting DISCORDS’ Trust and Safety team.
When the administrator of a server bans a user, he cannot access that particular server. That means the user will not send messages, connect to voice to any channel on this specific server, or do any kind of activities on the server.
You must know that a random user cannot ban a user. That means if you are a general member of a discord server, you will not be able to ban a user.
In the same way, no general member can simply ban you from the server.
Why does a user get banned from discord?
There are some specific reasons why a user gets banned from discord or a particular server. The administrator of a server must impose some rules to accumulate the activities of the server. If a user fails to abide by those rules, the administrator can ban the user. It is up to the administrator if he wants to provide reasons for the ban.
In terms of DISCORD, there are terms and conditions for being in the discord. If you neglect those, your account will be disabled.
- If you start spamming
- Mimic or try to imitate someone
- Illegal activities or raiding
- Sharing pornographic contents
- Offensive or harmful word which targets a specific community
- If You are violating a copyright issue
- Inappropriate contents or messages
- If you violate any of the rules of an individual discord server
There may be a few more reasons which are enough to ban you. So, you better stay away from these kinds of activities to avoid your account’s suspense from the server.
Is unban possible by anyone on discord?
How do you unban someone on Discord
Discord has been a great platform of communication for gamers, content creators also social connectivity.
No communication platform is free from toxicity, spamming, or negativity. There is always a group of people who always try to mislead the flow of communication. There is a way to take them down to get rid of this kind of user, which is a BAN.
But before that, you should know:
Can you unban in discord?
You need to be the administrator of a specific server to ban and unban in Discord. Besides, temporary bans require Discord bots. After a certain duration, the ban period will be over if a bot bans you. Otherwise, your IP might get banned as well.
There are some simple steps to follow to unban a user from a discord server.
At first, I will show how to unban someone if you are the administrator of the server. Then I will describe how to appeal to revoke the ban by the DISCORD authority.
Here are the ways to unban someone in Discord:
1. Unban Using the Server Settings
Banning someone in discord has been a common issue these days. People from nowhere enter your discord server and create problems. So, it becomes necessary to ban them.
But sometimes we unintentionally or anyhow ban the wrong person. On the contrary, we also try to unban the prohibited person if the user apologizes for his acts.
- Open the Discord app and select the server name from the top-right corner of the dashboard.
- Click on the drop-down arrow beside the server name.
- Go to the Server Settings and then, navigate to the bottom-left and click on Bans.
- Click on the user icon which you want to unban. You can also search the user id you are looking for by the search box at the top-right.
- Select Revoke Ban and after that, the user will be unbanned. Then click the (X) ESC.
2. Contact Discord
- Go to Gmail.
- Type email@example.com in the recipient’s box.
- Type the subject and elaborate the whole thing about the ban.
- Convince them you will not repeat the same mistake agreeing to the ToS (Terms of Services)
You can also appeal through the discord website.
- Go to ‘support.discord.com’
- Go to the top and click ‘Submit a request.’
- Follow the procedure and describe your problem. They will provide the pieces of information you need and the steps to follow.
Hopefully, you will get the necessary information, which will help you get your banned/disabled account back.
3. Use Third-Party Software
You can use a third-party tool like a VPN, to get yourself unbanned from discord. You just need to connect to a geographical location other than your and your neighboring region. Some of the best recommended VPNs are Surf Shark, NordVPN, Express VPN, and Betternet.
What Happens if You Get Unbanned From Discord?
After the procedure of unbanning, the particular user can act as a general user like he used to be. Moreover, he will have the privilege to become a moderator or admin of a discord server. The user can host a stream, will be able to watch any stream from the server also. He will be able to add friends from the current server.
You may ask:
Can you ban the user again?
There may be a question in your mind if you can ban the user again. Though you just unbanned the user, still his activities are all the same.
Well, the answer is affirmative. You can ban some again if you want.
How to ban someone on discord
There are some simple steps to ban someone from discord. Here are the steps to ban someone on Discord:
- Open the discord app. Go to your server.
- Choose the user you want to ban.
- Right-click on the user’s icon. At the bottom of the options list, You will get the ‘ban’ option.
- Click on the ban option. A pop-up menu will appear.
- Select your desired option from ‘Delete message history.’
- Mention the reason for the ban if you want.
- Click on the ‘Ban’ button.
If you follow the above instructions correctly, you will be able to ban someone in discord quickly.
When someone gets banned from a server, he cannot access that server again. The user cannot send text messages, Gifs, pictures, or join any voice chat on that specific server’s channel. In short, the user will lose the accessibility of that server.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Can someone enter the server again when banned from Discord?
Answer: Yes, the user will be able to join the server if the administrator itself sends an invitation link to the user. The user can also rejoin the server if he or she finds the discord invitation link.
Question: Is there any notification of Ban?
Answer: No. discord will not notify you about your ban. You will only get a banned message from the administrator who kicked or banned you.
Banning on discord is something you can call as usual. Consequently, unbanning becomes necessary for a reason. The procedure of unbanning someone is easy if you follow the instructions correctly. Comment below if you struggle to follow any of the steps.